As Puddie and I have been competing with the sauces that Indiana’s own Best Boy & Co. recently sent us, I will concede that his Seafood Broil might just beat myBarbecue Chicken Thighs… especially if you are a seafood fan…
We both agree, that this here Caramel Apple Crisp takes the whole competition… and totally beats his Sneaky S’mores Sticks…
Ahem so my
non-existent cooking credentials are still safe… whew.
What is great about this recipe is that it is super easy to make and it will have them wondering what on earth you put in that stuff
I started with 6 apples- cored and chopped. I prefer to leave the skin on my apples, but you can peel them if you’d like… although I’d peel them before chopping them… just sayin’
Now take 1 stick of softened butter and cut it up in a bowl.
Add 1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Long Cooking Oats
3/4 Cup Flour
1 t Kosher Salt
1 T Cinnamon
Mix until crumbly and spread over apples.
Next I grabbed Best Boy & Co’s Caramel Sauce…
And drizzled 1/2 Cup over the top of the dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Big thanks for Best Boy & Co. for sponsoring this family feud
- 6 Medium Apples Cored & Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter- Sliced
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Long Cooking Oats
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1 t Kosher Salt
- 1 T Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Sauce
- Place apples in a deep dish pie pan or 8 x8 casserole dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients except caramel sauce in a mixing bowl until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble over apples
- Spoon caramel over top of crumble
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.